Diploma in Spanish Level A1
Since May 2014 the Instituto Cervantes has offered A1 exams for young learners and will begin to offer A2/B1 exams for young learners starting in May 2015.
These exams are primaraly :
- Geared towards students of Spanish between 11 and 17 years old (candidates aged 18 years and above should register for the general exams).
- Have been adapted to the specific environment, context, and situations of candidates in this age group.
- Consist, as in the adult exams, of four tests: reading comprehension, oral comprehension, written expression and interaction, and oral expression and interaction.
- Are, as with all DELE certificates, official certificates in Spanish, granted by the Instituto Cervanteson behalf of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport of Spain.
- Enjoy international recognition and, once obtained, are valid indefinitely.
DELE A1 exam for young learners
The DELE A1 certificate for young learners certifies the linguistic competence necessary to understand and use common, everyday expressions and simple sentences, to address immediate needs.
What are the advantages of holding a DELE A1 certificate for young learners?
- It is an official certification that complies with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRE).
- It certifies and assesses knowledge of Spanish from the first moment of contact with the language.
- It is valid indefinitely.
- It motivates students between 11 and 17 years old, because it is both a challenge and offers recognition of their learning at these early stages.
The DELE A1 exam for young learners consists of four parts:
- Reading comprehension test (45 min)
- Listening comprehension test (20 min)
- Writing expression and interaction test (25 min)
- Oral expression and interaction test (10 min + 10 min preparation time)