Diploma in Spanish Level A2/B1
DELE exam A2/B1 for young learners
Students who pass the DELE A2/B1 exam for young learners, will receive one of the following certificates:
Certificate of Spanish level A2
- This diploma certifies that the candidate can understand commonly used, everyday phrases and expressions related to areas of experience especially relevant to them (basic information about themselves, and their families, shopping, places of interest, work, etc.).
Certificate of Spanish level B1
This certifies that the language user can:
- Understand the gist of clear texts, in standard language, if they involve well-known topics related to work, studies or leisure.
- Deal with most situations that occur while travelling in areas where Spanish is spoken.
- Produce simple and coherent texts about familiar topics, or topics of personal interest.
- Describe experiences, events, wishes and hopes, as well as to be able to briefly express opinions or explain plans.
What are the advantages of taking the DELE A2/B1 exam for young learners?
- They offer candidates the possibility to obtain either the DELE level A2 or B1, depending on their results. In other words, it is possible to qualify for one of two levels of reference by taking a single exam.
- As with the other DELE certification exams, candidates who pass the exam receive a DELE certificate, an official certificate in Spanish, issued by the Instituto Cervanteson behalf of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport of Spain.
- This exam assesses and certifies candidates’ language competence at level A2 or B1 in Spanish, in accordance with theCommon European Framework of Reference for Languages(CEFR) and the Instituto Cervantes's Curriculum Plan.
- As with the other DELE certificates, the certificate is valid indefinitely and is recognized internationally.
- The exam recognizes and certifies, with the official DELE Certificate of Spanish certification, the Spanish language level achieved by the youngest students of this language: this exam is adapted to candidates between 11 and 17 years old (candidates aged 18 years and above should register for the general exams).
The DELE A2/B1 exam for young learners consists of four parts:
- Reading comprehension test (50 min)
- Listening comprehension test (30 min)
- Writing expression and interaction test (50 min)
- Oral expression and interaction test (12 min + 12 min preparation time)