Diploma in Spanish Level B1
The Diploma in Spanish (DELE) level B1 accredits language users’ capacity to:
- Understand the gist of clear texts, in standard language, if they involve well-known topics related to work, studies or leisure.
- Deal with most situationsthat occur while travelling in areas where Spanish is spoken.
- Produce simple and coherent textsabout familiar topics, or topics of personal interest
- Describeexperiences, events, wishes and hopes, as well as to be able to briefly express opinions or explain plans.
The level B1 examination includes four parts:
- Reading comprehension test (70 min, 5 tasks)
- Written expression and interaction test (60 min, 2 tasks)
- Listening comprehension test (40 min, 5 tasks)
- Oral expression and interaction test (15 min + 15 min to prepare)
The final grade is either PASS or FAIL. To obtain a diploma the candidate must get a minimum of 60 points out of 100 on the examination, getting at least 30 points out of 50 in each test group.
IMPORTANT: In the written expression test, the candidate must strictly follow instructions about the number of words and the text format.