Diploma in Spanish Level C1
The DELE C1 guarantees that the student has made successful progress in the language and certifies more than an advanced level of Spanish.
This diploma certifies sufficient linguistic competence to:
- Understand a wide variety of lengthy, and somewhat demanding texts, as well as to grasp implicit meaning in the same.
- Express themselves fluently and spontaneously without apparent effort to find the right words.
- Use the language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Produce clear, well-structured and detailed texts about topics of some complexity, correctly using mechanisms of organization, articulation and cohesion in the text.
The DELE C1 examination is made up of four tests, organized into two groups (Group 1: Tests 1 and 3. Group: 2: Tests 2 and 4):
- Test 1: Reading comprehension and use of language (90 minutes, 5 tasks).
- Test 2: Listening comprehension and use of language (50 minutes, 5 tasks).
- Test 3: Integrated skills. Listening comprehension and written expression and interaction (80 minutes, 2 tasks).
- Test 4: Integrated skills. Reading comprehension and oral expression and interaction (20 minutes) (and 20 minutes to prepare).
A “passing” grade is required for each test taken during the same examination session.
Starting with the August 2013 exam sessions, the maximum possible score is 100 and a minimum score of 30 is necessary in each of the two groups in order to receive an overall "passing" grade.
The final grade is either PASS or FAIL.
IMPORTANT: In the written expression test, the candidate must strictly follow instructions about the number of words and the text format.